We are hiring
Anthony Chow and Kelvin Ho founded igloohome, a smart access company that makes smart locks and lock boxes, in July 2015. Since then, the company has grown to include an enterprise-focused vertical, iglooworks, which focuses on large-scale access management. Currently headquartered in Singapore, it has over 100 employees with 13 regional offices worldwide.
In October 2020, igloocompany was announced as the parent company of igloohome and iglooworks. Join us as we take a step forward to changing the world. At igloocompany, we embrace diversity and encourage equal opportunities for all employees regardless of race, gender and religion.
To apply for any of these roles, send in your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We're looking for a talented and highly motivated legal counsel to support our rapidly growing and evolving businesses. You will be responsible for supporting the business operations, by giving pro-active, professional, competent, (cost) effective and creative legal advice and support. You'll need to bring negotiation and drafting skills and business sense to deal with multiple functional teams in a rapidly scaling business. You will be required to work independently as well as part of various teams and take on projects in addition to your daily work.
To ensure success you need to have sound knowledge and understanding of applicable laws and regulations in Singapore and beyond, and the ability to make prudent legal decisions. Top candidates will be team players with outstanding advocacy and people skills.
Duties and responsibilities
- To anticipate and manage the (legal) risks connected with or resulting from the business strategy and operations
- To secure compliance of business operations with relevant laws and regulations.
- Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (labor law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.)
- Collaborate with management to devise efficient defense strategies
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to the various departments and stakeholders in the organization
- Conduct your work with integrity
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation
- Working knowledge of business and commercial laws and regulation in China and USA a bonus but not necessary
- Proven experience with more than 5 years of experiences as a Legal Counsel in business environment
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information
- Outstanding communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization
- Strong negotiating skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- BSc Degree in Law
igloocompany is looking for a talented Project Manager to join our Project Management Office team. A successful candidate will report directly to our Lead Program Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide project management of internal and external product developments with minimal direction, requiring planning, resourcing, scheduling, project cost forecasting/monitoring, reporting and providing technical coordination guidance across multiple functional areas.
- Develops, maintain and track detailed project plans and project schedules, resulting in meeting committed Time to Market goals.
- Defines project team's resource requirements, which support the project's goals with respect to time, budget and quality through negotiation with functional managers.
- Responsible for financial, applied technology and schedule performance of assigned projects within cost limitations & established standards.
- Develops project investigation and implementation schedules - facilitates work breakdown structures, manages product cost estimates.
- Identifies, manages and mitigates project risks, resulting in proactive contingency planning as required.
- Provides clear and timely project progress assessment and updates, ensuring constant organization and stakeholder alignment, up to Management level.
- Provide project related technical, interpersonal, motivational leadership and performance management of teams throughout all phases of the project including resource allocation, task planning, progress tracking and recognition.
- Applies interpersonal skills required to lead, motivate and resolve conflict within a project team environment.
- Independently identifies, manages and mitigates project risks, resulting in proactive contingency planning as required. Demonstrates bias for action and issue resolution.
- Takes accountability for meeting deadlines and budget requirements.
- Prepare project level financial documents and project funding requirements. Maintains and reports on financial and schedule metrics throughout each phase.
- Networks and partners with customers/vendors and coordinates efforts to resolve complex problems.
- Participates in development of business and marketing strategies to optimize the performance of new and existing product lines.
- BS Degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Typically 5-8 years combined years’ experience in product development and project management.
- Proven ability to lead multiple teams, partner with stakeholders to resolve conflicts and obtain resources for projects.
- Effectively communicates and gives presentations (internally and externally).
- Proven ability to direct resources, plan project activity and balance financial budgets.
- Has successfully led many to numerous product development project teams and has a clearly recognizable knowledge of detailed product development processes
The Product Manager is responsible for contributing to product development activities and projects that are aligned with the goals and vision of the company. The role will report directly to the Head of Product and be responsible for the development and management of smart access products. This multidisciplinary role will work across a variety of other functions in Technology, Operations and Commercial teams in the company.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead product development activities.
- Own conceptualisation and development of new and current hardware products.
- Analyse competitive market data and user feedback.
- Define features and Product. Requirement Document (PRD) based on long-term product vision, user needs, technical and market trends.
- Strategically evolve, grow, and improve existing product offerings to constantly deliver a better user experience.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders and other departments to identify and minimise risks to the product development plan.
- Assist in deploying solutions and providing support for Customer Trials.
- Successfully delivered/launched a number of hardware products.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, or related field, or equivalent knowledge.
- Experience working with hardware devices.
- Experience working in the access industry (Optional).
- Strong critical thinking with excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
- Technical, analytical and cross-functional collaboration experience.
- Ability to direct teams and collaborate effectively.
Marketing Manager, USA
The Marketing Manager for our partner business in USA/America Regions, base USA, is accountable for the management of the Brand, products/solutions, channel and social marketing activities. You will be responsible to define online and offline strategies for marketing, publicity and promotion, budgeting and handle full execution of marketing and publicity for our products and brand in USA/Americas regions working in accordance to Marketing strategies and plans set out by igoocompany HQ marketing Director in Singapore.
As a key member of the organization, you accelerate business growth with a P&L mindset focused on optimizing team performance and marketing investment. You will drive customer centricity within the organization by understanding the evolving digital access ecosystem and ever-changing consumer needs.
This position is also required to establish and maintain long-lasting collaboration with external business partners, resellers, retailers, investors, and internal sales team, product team, design team, and customer experience team.
The incumbent should also demonstrate excellent skills in leadership, communication and negotiation.
Duties and responsibilities
- Build up efficient, effective and innovative marketing strategies and execution plans for USA/America Regions for products/solutions/campaigns for both B2C under igloohome and B2B under iglooworks business segments. This shall include but not limited to specific strategic campaigns, media planning and buying, brand communications, social media, events, promotions, and partnerships.
- Envision strong marketing strategies that complement business growth and realise our significant market opportunity and execute powerful go-to-market programmes and campaigns supported by proactive management, clear accountability and on-going measurement against goals.
- Continue to develop our brand awareness, consideration and trials through customer targeted campaigns across various platforms in both verticals – igloohome and iglooworks.
- Lead and execute marketing plans for all product categories to ensure that the company’s objectives are met and deliver sustainable business growth;
- Work closely with all other Departments in USA and Singapore on relevant issues pertaining to business development.
- Drive engagement with new partners (B2B, B2C, B2B2C, Enterprise) to evaluate opportunities for marketing to drive new revenue streams aligned with business growth objectives.
- Coach and manage a growing team of marketing executives (as and when justify) with the expansion and growth of igloocompany businesses in USA.
- Nurture a performance culture that enables all marketing staff to do the best work of their lives.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the company.
- A passion and talent for storytelling.
- A demonstrated track record of taking ideas from concept to execution.
- Comfortable to interface with customers, translating needs into products; experience with outcome driven innovation preferred.
- Undergraduate degree with 5+ years of senior marketing leadership experience in a software business or products organization with 3+ years of commercial leadership experience, including product management and digital marketing experience, in organizations with innovative B2B, B2C and B2B2C solutions.
- Experience implementing marketing campaigns and programs that drive customer engagement and retention.
- Proven capability in marketing strategy conception, development and execution, and business growth.
- Proven ability to use customer-centric, data-driven insights to drive decisions that lead to superior customer experience.
- Ability to design, develop and deploy market leading value propositions and end-to-end customer experiences.
- Strong influencing skills necessary to drive and lead cross- functional initiatives.
- Effective in a highly matrixed, distributed and fast-moving environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop and deliver clear, concise communication of complex issues to employees and executives, and nurture and lead employees to successful business outcome.
- High energy level, with a bias for action and accountability.
- High degree of self-starting initiative and organization.
Executive/Senior Executive, Finance
This role will be assisting the Regional Finance Manager in managing the Finance Department as part of the financial health of the Company by administering accounting operations to comply with legal requirements.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day daily task of the Company's financial transactions.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support day to day Finance operations
- Preparation of invoice, payment vouchers, cheques and GIRO transactions
- Perform cash and bank reconciliation for received payments in foreign currency
- Handle full set of accounts (AR/AP/GL);
- Assist in preparing monthly and interim financial accounts
- Review GST submission
- Participate in annual financial audit
- Ensure documents are filed promptly and accurately
- Liaise with relevant departments & external stakeholders to resolve discrepancies
- Any other Ad-hoc duties assigned by supervisor.
- Candidate must possess at least Diploma/Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma in Finance/Accountancy/Banking or equivalent;
- At least 3 Year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position;
- Preferably Senior Executive specialised in Finance - General/Cost Accounting or equivalent;
- Bilingual to liaise with stakeholders from non-English speaking countries;
- Excellent time management;
- High degree of accuracy & efficiency;
- Independent, able to take initiative and team player.
Principal Hardware Engineer
We are currently looking for an experienced Principal Engineer to lead a small team of engineers to build our next generation of products. Our long-term goal is to build an ecosystem of access control products that interoperate with each other. Our roadmap includes products like digital padlocks, access control panels, gateways, security cameras and so on. Your team will be responsible for designing solutions for all of these products, such that they work with one another. You will work with new technologies such as Bluetooth 5.1, NB-IoT and Z-Wave, amongst others.
Your team will be spread out over Singapore, China and Indonesia -so some international travel is expected (once travel restrictions are lifted). The role will be a mix of hands-on development and management responsibilities.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work with our product managers to understand use cases and features.
- Lead software/firmware/hardware teams to deliver high-quality products.
- Lead a cross-functional team ranging from mobile developers, back-end developers, PCBA engineers to mechanical engineers.
- Design, specify and implement protocols for new products, considering how they fit into current and future products.
- Create, update, and maintain technical design documentation.
- Make feature, performance, and optimization trade-offs to meet product requirements and timelines.
- Guide products to completion all the way to trial production.
- Generate novel patent disclosures and applications to contribute to IP portfolio.
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 8+ years of experience in software/firmware/hardware development.
- Experience with hardware product life cycles - have shipped at least 2 products.
- Able to communicate clearly, both in writing and verbally.
- Experience with designing and writing specifications for protocols.
- Strong C/C++ skills, and experience with at least one high-level language.
- Good general CS theory.
- Good understanding of embedded systems concepts.
- Experience with PCB layout oversight.
- Experience with mechanical design oversight.
- Experience with DFx (Design for cost, test, manufacturing).
Smart Digital Lock Technician
Duties and responsibilities
- Perform on sites (homes/project sites) installation and service run including onboarding brief or help troubleshoot igloohome products.
- Diagnose and repair products on-site.
- Provide exceptional customer service and answer customers’ queries.
- Work closely with the Customer Service team for service run arrangement.
- Provide professional assessments and advice for customers on products that meet their needs.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanour, always portraying the company in a positive light.
- Share customer feedback and insights with fellow field technicians and other teams.
- Ensures that customers are well onboarded on how to use the lock after installation.
This role is under the Customer Service department, reporting directly to the Marketing and Customer Experience Partner.
- Proven prior experience with carpentry works.
- Experienced working with hand and power tools, such as power drills, chisels, handling of low/line voltage.
- Manual dexterity and problem-solving skills.
- Good physical condition and strength with a willingness to work overtime.
- Flexibility with full-time schedule, including shift assignments on weekends/evenings.
- Possesses a valid Class 3 driving license.
- Access to an automobile will be a plus.
- Prior lock installations experience is a bonus.
- Prior lock picking experience is a bonus.
- Ability to speak in Chinese & English.
Business Development Manager – Business To Business (B2B), USA (3 Open Vacancies)
Focusing on 3 different vertical markets: Logistics, Real Estate, & Infrastructure Access
To implement sales strategy, BD activities and realize sales targets set by the Company for USA Region. Responsible for below 3 market vertical focusing on property access management of business partners operating in:
- Logistics and transports;
- Warehouse and self-storage;
- Last mile deliveries.
- Short Term Rental (AirBnB, Bookign.com, Home & Away, OYO, etc), Shared Space & Living and Hospitality;
- Real estate sales & rentals (MLS agents), Realtors (Keller William, Campass, etc), New Prop players (Flip, Zillow, Kleard, etc);
- Property Management firms (CBRE, JLL, etc), Builders and Developers.
- Telco towers and Data centers;
- Facilities Management in commercial, health, airport, government institutes, and industrial complexes;
- Utility companies (electricity, water and gas);
- Oil and gas producers and distributors.
Duties and responsibilities
- Arrange and conduct business development meetings with prospective partners (operating in the respective market vertical;
- Promote the Company’s products/services under Iglooworks brand at events and tradeshows;
- Conduct outbound sales to acquire new leads;
- Actively follow up on leads to convert into sales at pricing guidelines set by the Company;
- Engage in commercial and contractual negotiation with B2B partners;
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing partners for recurring sales;
- Provide trustworthy feedback, after-sales support and manage reviews at timely level to raise brand rating of Iglooworks by enterprise end users and/or partners.
- Develop business development strategy focusing on increase sales and market share in the responsible B2B respective market vertical.
- Maintain a healthy sales pipeline based on annual targets;
- Prepare sales contracts adhering to local laws and regulations rules, and Company’s guidelines;
- Maintain updated records of partners’ billing and shipping details.
- BSc/BA/Master degree in business administration, sales or relevant fields;
- Minimum 10 years working experience in sales and BD roles with strong B2B business partners management skills.
- Previous sales or business development experience in B2B market vertical working through partners.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Proficiency in English.
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- Market knowledge, preferably in B2B distribution, access security in infrastructure related industries.
- Strong people and negotiation skills.
- Ability to build rapports and a team player with Company staff and management team.
- Time management and planning skills.