Here's a question we receive on a daily basis: What kind of batteries should I be using for my igloohome door lock?
Quick battery tips:
- Always use alkaline batteries.
- Energizer, Duracell & Panasonic work best.
- Change batteries every 8 - 10 months.
- Diligently check for battery leakage every 6 months.
- Avoid lithium, carbon-zinc and rechargeable batteries altogether.
*Smart Padlock is the only exception that uses lithium batteries.
All igloohome door locks come with a pack of batteries, however, these are used for testing purposes after the installation is complete. We always recommend for you to change them out once the testing is done.
For optimum results, we only recommend alkaline batteries. These types of batteries work best with our locks and can typically last up to 12 months depending on the frequency of your usage.
The brands to get are Energizer, Duracell and Panasonic. As a rule of thumb, batteries should be changed every 8 - 10 months to to prevent battery liquid leaks. We do not advise for you to leave batteries in the lock for more than a year as the battery cell expands towards the end of its lifecycle due to chemical changes. This could lead to higher risks of battery liquid leaks in that period.
Avoid lithium and carbon-zinc batteries as these run out of power much faster than alkaline ones. Neither should you use rechargeable batteries as the power is lessened with each recharge.
Take a look at this chart for our recommended battery list:
|SKU No.||Battery Type||Battery Brand(s)||Photos|
|IGP1||CR2 Lithium||Energizer / Duracell / Panasonic||
|IGK3||AAA Alkaline||Energizer / Duracell / Panasonic||
|IGM3||AA Alkaline||Energizer / Duracell / Panasonic||
|IGM4||AA Alkaline||Energizer / Duracell / Panasonic|
|IGR1||AA Alkaline||Energizer / Duracell / Panasonic|
|IGR2||AA Alkaline||Energizer / Duracell / Panasonic|
|IGB3||AA Alkaline||Energizer / Duracell / Panasonic|
|IGB4||AA Alkaline||Energizer / Duracell / Panasonic|
Other important things to note:
- Please do not use Lithium(only allowed for IGP), heavy duty, rechargable batteries.
- For IGM, IGB, you are recommended to change to another new set of batteries after you have tested the functionality of the lock with those batteries included in the box.
- The CR2 lithium batteries used in the Smart Padlock works between -20 to 60 degrees celsius.
- The LR03 AAA alkaline batteries used in the other locks work between -20 to 54 degrees celsius.
Should you encounter any issues with your lock, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com. We're always happy to help!